The wait is over!! At long last, here it is: Free pattern – Strong Heart.
Available in long and short versions, as mittens or as fingerless gloves.
I experimented using a softer yarn in the below version using Zealana’s Rimu, and they’ve come out beautifully.
These gloves feature cabled hearts travelling up the back of the hand. A smaller cable echoes the hearts over the thumb. The rest of the glove is in stretchy double rib, which allows a reasonable range of hand sizes to fit them.
Gauge: 22 sts x 28 rows in stocking stitch on 3.75mm (US 5) needles.
60 – 80g DK yarn for the shorter versions (pictured above in Stansborough Mythral – Kokako Grey and Zealana Rimu – Riverbank)
100 – 120g DK yarn for the long version (pictured above in Stansborough Mythral in Rata Red)
1 set 3.75mm DPN needles
2 stitch markers
1 cable needle
I think they’ll make lovely gifts for Christmas, but perhaps you’ll enjoy a cabled treat for yourself too!??
If you’re interested in the back story, it’s here.
And finally, as hinted at in my last post, because I’d love to share the experience of knitting with these gorgeous New Zealand yarns: A small giveaway competition.
- Be in for the chance to win two balls of Zealana’s Rimu in the Riverbank* colourway shown above by posting a comment about why you want to knit with possum yarn. You must mention either “Zealana” or “possum” in your comment so I know your comment is for this prize.
- Be in for the chance to win two balls of Stansborough’s Mythral in Kokako Grey* by posting a comment on which movies you know Stansborough Grey wool has featured in. You must mention “Stansborough” in your comment so I know your comment is for this prize.
How I’ll decide:
- I’ll draw a winner for each category by random number draw, and assuming your answers are correctly provided.
- I’ll be sorting the comments for the draw per brand – so if you want to be in the draw for both Zealana and Stansborough, you’ll need to leave two comments, one for each brand.
Comments will close at midnight, Sunday, 2 September NZ time.
The competition is open to all, and I am happy to post anywhere within New Zealand or internationally.
* these yarns are from my own stash, and there is no choice of alternate colour.