This weekend was very productive.
I finished the hat. I am very happy with how it has come out, and the design has inspired thoughts of several patterns. We shall see if anything comes of it. My pattern-writing mojo seems to have fizzled at the moment. For now this hat has a title to do with water. Don’t you think it looks just like rivulets of water?
I also finished the hoodie. I will wait to show it to you as it’s on its way to the recipient now, and he should see it first when it comes out of the box. Also, I want to know if it fits him before I show it to you (also hoping I might get a modelled picture… hint, hint). However, I will show you this finishing detail that I am rather happy with:
This is the inside shoulder seam. I added cotton tape (quite happy I had some nice stuff that looks good too) which is an old trick to stabilise the shoulder and prevent stretching from occurring. I worry that the weight of the sweater will in time cause the shoulder to lose shape and sag. The tape has been sewn into the seams of both shoulders, and should prevent this possibility.
I also finished some socks:
The possum scarf also got finished. Just in time for the polar blast that hit tonight! I will try to convince a young man to allow me to photograph him in it at some point. He happily wrapped himself in its cuddly warmth and softness when he got in from school today, as it was finally dry from blocking.
All that finishing meant that the only WIP I had left in my basket was the Southern Skies shawl! I felt bereft. The basket looked lonely.
Needless to say, a couple of WIPs have since sprung on to the needles. 🙂 For one, I think I need to get some mittens done tonight so that someone’s hands don’t freeze on the way to school tomorrow!