Hello, and “Kung Hei Fat Choy”, or Happy Chinese New Year!
It is the Year of the Sheep/Goat as of today, and in celebration of the year of our favourite animal, I am pleased to release my new sock pattern, Fire Flowers!
If you haven’t already, you can read a bit of the background to the design here.
Things you will want to know:
- These socks are free for the next 15 days (until 6 March 2015), to celebrate the Chinese New Year period. In the spirit of “good luck money” (laisee), I am making them my gift to you. Download here! No code required.
- They are knit from the cuff down.
- Recommended user level is intermediate.
- Written pattern comes with charts.
- Sizing is for Medium (sock measures 19cm/7.5 inch foot circumference) or Large (sock measures 20cm/8 inch foot circumference).
- Sock as shown is knit in Bleating Art Sock. Any fingering weight sock yarn will suit, although it will show to best effect in a solid or semi-solid yarn. As mentioned in my previous post, a non-splitty yarn with lots of elasticity is best used for this pattern.
Enjoy! And may the Year of the Sheep bring peace, joy and happiness to you and yours!